1/29/2024 – Call to Action Email Sent to Members
Good morning, Physician Assistants:
The Oklahoma Medical Board recently published a Notice of Rulemaking Intent for amended administrative rules to the Physician Assistants Act.
These are the rules the OAPA has been working on for the last several years dealing with ratios, Schedule II prescribing and other housekeeping issues.
The PA Advisory Committee helped write and has recommended the draft rules for adoption by the full Medical Board, which they will consider at a Special Meeting on February 22, 2024 at 9 AM.
At this time, we need PAs to submit written comments asking the Medical Board to please vote YES to adopt the draft rules as written.
In your written comments submitted via email, please include the following information in your own words:
- Your name and identify yourself as a practicing PA in (include your town) Oklahoma;
- Express your support for Proposed Rule Amendments to Okla. Admin. Code 435.15 Physician Assistants as written;
- Include that the rules provide guidance and guardrails for the implementation of the PA Act and, in particular, clarifies language pertaining to MD delegation ratios and prescribing Schedule IIs by PAs;
- Ask the members of the Medical Licensure Board to vote YES to support the proposed rules; and,
- Thank them for their consideration.
The proposed rules are attached to this email. Click here for the rules.
DEADLINE: The deadline to submit written comments is 5:00 PM on February 16, 2024 – PLEASE submit your comments prior to the deadline.
Submit your written email comments to: email@example.com
Questions? Please feel free to email Jan Loftis at firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, thank you for your engagement!
Jan Gilmore Loftis
Gilmore Communications LLC