Dr. Salem is an inflammatory bowel disease specialist at the University of Oklahoma. He is the director of the Crohn’s and Colitis Center at OU Health.
He is graduated from the Jordan University of Science with Honors. He completed internal medicine residency and general gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Oklahoma. He pursued subspecialty training in Inflammatory Bowel Disease at Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota, and the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore Maryland.
He is the only fellowship-trained IBD subspecialist in the state of Oklahoma.
He published many manuscripts in high-yield gastroenterology and IBD journals.
Diagnosis and Preventive Care for Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Describe the natural history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Discuss the patients’ expectations during a clinic visit.
- Summarize the approach of diagnosis and management.
- Identify the role of Primary Care Clinicians in the care for patients with IBD.
- Discuss preventive care in IBD.