A PA for more than 40 years, Greg Thomas currently serves as Director of PA Relations with the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). Previously, he worked for nearly 20 years with the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), most recently as Senior Vice President of education, membership, and resource development.
Greg received his PA education at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX, and a masters degree in public health with focus on health care administration from the University of Texas School of Public Health also in Houston, TX.
Update from NCCPA: Positive Changes to Certification Maintenance
- Recognize the many ways PAs may participate in the organization including leadership positions, content development for assessments and exams and more.
- Recognize the transition to core medical knowledge as the basis for the assessment portion of the certification maintenance process and the changes to the 2019 PANRE content blueprint.
- Recognize the benefits offered through the pilot alternative to PANRE and the preliminary data from those who are participating in it.
- Define the requirements for the CAQ program.
- Distinguish the roles of NCCPA’s supporting organizations, PA History Society and NCCPA Health Foundation.