Dr. Jason Beaman graduated medical school from Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences. He then completed two simultaneous residencies in Psychiatry and Family Medicine. After residency, Dr. Beaman completed a fellowship in Forensic Psychiatry at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. He holds board certifications in Family Medicine, Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, and Addiction Medicine. After Fellowship, Dr. Beaman completed a Master’s Degree in Pharmacology with an emphasis in Forensics at the University of Florida. He also obtained a Master’s in Public Health from Johns Hopkins University. Dr. Beaman currently serves as the Chair of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, as well as the Director of Training and Education for the National Center for Wellness & Recovery at OSU Medicine and the Medical Director for 12&12, Inc.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Bipolar Disorder in the Primary Care Setting
- Review the diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder.
- Describe the unique characteristics of medications use for Bipolar Disorder.
- Discuss the treatment strategies for different phases of Bipolar Disorder.
The Opioid Epidemic in Oklahoma
Satisfies Substance Abuse Requirement for Oklahoma Licensure
- Discuss the history of opioid epidemics in the US.
- Summarize the severity of the current opioid epidemic.
- Discuss facts/statistics surrounding the opioid epidemic.
- Relate treatment efforts to combat the opioid epidemic.