Health Professional Scholarship Program
The purpose of this program is to provide financial assistance to individuals pursuing a program of study, leading to a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies. This program will help alleviate the health care workforce shortages in VA by obligating scholarship recipients to complete a minimum of 2-year service obligation at a VA health care facility after graduation and licensure/certification.
- All applicants must be 2nd year PA students.
- Students unconditionally accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a program of study leading to a Masters of Physician Assistant Studies accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor organizations.
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in your current program of study. Provide unofficial transcripts to your application that support your response.
Oklahoma Academy of Physician Assistants Scholarship
- Must be a Physician Assistant student enrolled in an Oklahoma PA Program accredited by ARC-PA.
- For students going into their second year.
- Unweighted GPA greater than or equal to 3.0.
The Oklahoma Academy of Physician Assistants Scholarship is a one-time, non-renewable award.
Funds may be used for tuition, fees and book expenses at any accredited institution of higher education that offers a PA program in the state of Oklahoma. Payments are made directly to the school.
The Oklahoma Academy of Physician Assistants Scholarship fund is established to honor members of the Oklahoma Academy of Physician Assistants (OAPA). This scholarship is intended to support and encourage second year students enrolled in an Oklahoma PA Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). This is an endowed scholarship fund of the Oklahoma City Community Foundation.
- Why are you interested or what has inspired you to pursue a career in the PA field? Please include your participation and/or leadership roles that you have held with OAPA. (500 word maximum.)
- Please discuss your plans for future OAPA involvement.